SECTION C: BUSINESS AND SUPPORT SERVICES
- SECTION CA | Appropriations and Revenue Sources
- SECTION CB | Depository of Funds
- SECTION CC | Annual Operating Budget
- SECTION CD | Accounting
- SECTION CE | Purchasing and Acquisitions
- SECTION CF | Safety Program
- SECTION CG | Site Management
- SECTION CI | Transportation Management
- SECTION CJ | Insurance and Annuities
- SECTION CK | Facilities Planning and Standards
- SECTION CL | College District Auxiliary Enterprises
- SECTION CM | Technology Resources
- SECTION CN | Information Security
- SECTION CO | Intellectual Property
BUSINESS AND SUPPORT SERVICES
Navarro College’s procedure is to properly report and investigate all accidents or incidents resulting in either personal injury or illness. This procedure is to ensure that all injury accidents are properly reported in a timely manner, all cases are thoroughly identified, and appropriate corrective actions are taken to prevent a similar injury.
These procedures apply to employees, students and campus guests.
On Campus Accident/Injury
1. Call 911 if the injury is a medical emergency (A medical emergency is when medical treatment is required other than basic first aid like application of a Band-Aid or antiseptic to a minor cut or scrape).
2. Contact the campus police by dialing 7500 from any campus phone or (903) 875-7500 from any cell phone for non-medical emergencies that involve an injury.
3. The Navarro Police Department will then investigate the accident and complete all required reports and forms. The Police Department will follow up with other campus departments (Facilities, Human Resources, Financial Services, etc.) as necessary to remedy problems.
4. If the injury is to a Navarro employee, then the employee needs to contact Benefits in the HR department to complete the Injury Report Form/Worker’s Compensation First Report of Injury. This form must be completed within 30 days of the accident/injury.
5. The VP of Operations and Institutional Advancement Office will investigate injuries resulting from unsafe conditions with any Navarro College facilities.
Off Campus Accident/Injury While on College Business
1. Call 911 if the injury is a medical emergency.
2. A Navarro College student needs to contact the Navarro Police Department at (903) 875-7500 for a report to be completed. The Navarro Police will send this report to the office of the Vice President of Finance and Administration and to the Vice President of Operations and Institutional Advancement. The Department of the VP of Finance and Operations will file the student injury with Navarro’s insurance carrier. The VP of Operations and Institutional Advancement Office will investigate injuries resulting from unsafe conditions with any Navarro College facilities.
3. If the injury is to a Navarro College employee, then the employee needs to report to Benefits in the HR department to complete the Injury Report Form/Worker’s Compensation First Report of Injury. This form must be completed within 30 days of the accident/injury.
Delayed Notification of Accident/Injury
If a Department is notified by a student or guest after the fact about an accident/injury, the Navarro College Police Department for a report to be filed.
If a Department is notified by an employee after the fact about an accident/injury, then the employee needs to contact Benefits in HR about completing the Injury Report Form/Worker’s Compensation First Report of Injury
This form must be completed within 30 days of the accident/injury.
Communications with Injured Student, Employee or Campus Guest
Do not discuss liability for injury or medical costs with the injured student, employee or campus guest. Injured students and guests will be directed by the Navarro Police Department to complete a report and the Navarro Police Department will send the report to the office of the VP of Finance and Administration for further processing with the insurance carrier.
ADOPTED: August 10, 2021