SECTION C: BUSINESS AND SUPPORT SERVICES
- SECTION CA | Appropriations and Revenue Sources
- SECTION CAA | Appropriations
- SECTION CAB | Bond Issue
- SECTION CAC | Time Warrants
- SECTION CAD | Certificates of Indebtedness
- SECTION CAE | Loans and Notes
- SECTION CAF | Ad Valorem Taxes
- SECTION CAG | Investments
- SECTION CAH | Sale, Trade or Lease of College Property
- SECTION CAH.1 | Sale, Trade or Lease of College Property
- SECTION CAI | Grants, Funds and Donations
- SECTION CAJ | Rentals and Service Charges
- SECTION CB | Depository of Funds
- SECTION CC | Annual Operating Budget
- SECTION CD | Accounting
- SECTION CD.1 | Accounting
- SECTION CD.2 | Cash Handling Procedures
- SECTION CD.3 | Fixed Assets
- SECTION CD.4 | Financial Reports and Statements
- SECTION CD.5 | Accounting Inventories
- SECTION CD.6 | Accounting Audits
- SECTION CD.7 | Accountability
- SECTON CD.8 | Travel Procedures
- SECTION CD.9 | Taxation of Gifts, Prizes, and Awards to Employees
- SECTION CE | Purchasing and Acquisitions
- SECTION CF | Safety Program
- SECTION CG | Site Management
- SECTION CH | Equipment, Supply and Records Management
- SECTION CI | Transportation Management
- SECTION CJ | Insurance and Annuities
- SECTION CK | Facilities Planning and Standards
- SECTION CL | College District Auxiliary Enterprises
- SECTION CM | Technology Resources
- SECTION CN | Information Security
- SECTION CO | Intellectual Property
BUSINESS AND SUPPORT SERVICES
ANNUAL AUDIT REPORT
The comptroller of public accounts and the Coordinating Board jointly shall prescribe and periodically update a uniform system of financial accounting and reporting for institutions of higher educa-tion, including definitions of the elements of cost on the basis of which appropriations shall be made and financial records shall be maintained. The Coordinating Board may require institutions to re-port additional financial information as the board considers neces-sary. The accounts of the institutions shall be maintained and audited in accordance with the approved reporting system.
A community college’s bound and audited financial statements, in the quantity indicated, should be forwarded to each agency listed in Section 2.1 of the Budget Requirements and Annual Financial Re-porting Requirements for Texas Public Community Colleges manual by January 1st of each year and submitted electronically to the Coordinating Board. The audit must be certified by the auditor but does not need to be approved by the governing board before sub-mission.
Each published audited financial report should include the items listed, be arranged in the order as shown, in Section 2.2 of the manual.
Budget Requirements and Annual Financial Reporting Requirements for Texas Public Community Colleges, http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/reports/PDF/5758.PDF
INFORMATION FROM STATE AUDITOR
At a reasonable time in advance of an independent audit of a junior college district, the state auditor shall provide the presiding officer of the district’s governing body and the chief executive officer of the district with written information relating to the procedures for and scope of the audit. The state auditor shall include in the materials information describing:
How the appropriate representatives of the district may participate in the audit planning process; and
How the district may request information or assistance in preparing for the audit from the state auditor.
PUBLICATION OF AUDIT PLAN AND AUDIT REPORT
At the time and in the manner provided by the state auditor, a state agency, including a college district, shall post on the agency’s Internet website:
The agency’s internal audit plan approved as provided by Government Code 2102.008; and
The agency’s annual report required under Government Code 2102.009.
A state agency is not required to post information contained in the agency’s internal audit plan or annual report if the information is excepted from public disclosure under Government Code Chapter 552 (Texas Public Information Act).
A state agency shall update the posting required under this section at the time and in the manner provided by the state auditor to include a detailed summary of the weaknesses, deficiencies, wrong-doings, or other concerns, if any, raised by the audit plan or annual report.
A state agency shall update the posting required under this section to include a summary of the action taken by the agency to address the concerns, if any, that are raised by the audit plan or annual report.
Approved: October 2, 2015